I first discovered the world of foreign language adaptation in film during the summer of my 19th birthday when I took part in the creation of English and Italian versions for the documentary series ‘Palettes’ on ARTE.
After 5 years of studies at the Sorbonne, I joined Noesis, a young film adaptation company, becoming the director after just 2 years.
During these 6 years, I coordinated projects as diverse as they were fascinating; such as BORGEN by Adam Price, 24H JERUSALEM by Volker Heise and JUSQU’AU DERNIER by William Karel.
During this time I developed a network of rare language translators, and refined my working methods.
Looking to develop my activities and overcome new challenges I created Telos in March 2016 thanks to the loyalty of both my team and my clients. Driven by the fierce desire to prove its worth, Telos has been involved in exceptional projects since the very beginning: VIETNAM by Ken Burns, RIDE UPON THE STORM by Adam Price.
At the end of 2017 I teamed up with Natacha, in order to realise the vision I have for Telos: to create a multidisciplinary and perennial company whose guiding principle is that of high quality and custom-made adaptation.
TELOS is a company specialised in foreign language adaptation for documentaries, films, TV series and institutional videos.
TELOS’s team – which is made up of artistic directors, sound engineers, editors, subtitle experts, adapters and voice actors – work to the highest standard in order to provide exceptional multilingual versions.
Each film that is entrusted to us is viewed with utmost attention in order to allocate it to the team most adapted for the project. For the entirety of the process, this team will work side by side with the directors/ producers/ head of programme etc.
Our goal is to create subtitled and/or dubbed versions that will ring true to the original version. We adapt films from and to various languages thanks to our solid and varied network of rare language translators. French – English – Italian – Spanish – Portuguese – Polish – Danish – Swedish – Finnish – Norwegian – Russian – Chinese – Japanese – Korean – Arabic – Hebrew – Hindi – Dutch – Vietnamese…
We make a point of working with both subtitle experts for the simulation of subtitled versions and with artistic directors for voice overs because they provide new insight to the text, offering it new life: the first in refining the subtitles to ensure their fluidity and make them almost invisible, and the second in directing the actors until the text begins to take shape.
• 10 years spent in the Indian Ocean and on the African continent
• A double masters at the Sorbonne in semiotics and audiovisual journalism
• A passion for cooking (no need to subtitle our taste buds)
• An overflowing curiosity (from speculative realism to the Higgs boson, passing by the mystery of the disappearing sock in the washing machine)
• A motto : do things seriously without taking yourself seriously
• 15 years spent in film production, five of those alongside the artist JR
• A masters in « cultural enterprise management »
• A year full of surprises spent in Australia, and many journeys spent in the four corners of the world.
• A passion for good wines (Vosne-Romanée, Nuits Saint-Georges, Gevrey-Chambertin)
• A motto: do things seriously without taking yourself seriously
And all the rest…
Our intermittent and free-lance teams, be they authors or translators, artistic directors, sound engineers, actors, subtitle experts, editors…